SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mwiehn

Question about Color Combination

marcindy
14 years ago

Friends - I really need some advice and opinions. I need to revamp my small bed (16' by 5') around the mailbox. Too much stuff, overgrown, and doesn't make the job easier for the mailman. Plus a lot of people walk past it every day, it's an embarrassment in its current state.

Along the sidewalk side of the bed I want to have one block (between 5 and 9 each) of three perennials: Rudbeckia 'Goldsturm', Sedum 'Prurple Emperor' and for the third group I am debating between Stachys 'Hummelo', Geranium 'Biokovo' or "Karmina'and Geranium 'Midnight Reiter'. How would you arrange the groups? I kind of prefer to have the rudbeckia between the sedum and the (most likely at this point) stachys on the right? What do you think? Would you change the order because the yellow might clash with the stachys? Would you choose the Biokovo over the stachys? Would the Karmina work better next to the rudbeckia? Or better still go with an arrangement in the order of Purple emperor, Goldsturm and Midnight Reiter? I just don't know... It seems every day I make a different decision. Can you please please help me? :-) Thanks so much in advance!!!

Comments (2)