SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cccdnt

Suggestion for Craftsman Riding Mower

cccdnt
15 years ago

I have a Craftsman Riding Mower - 42" 6 speed 15.5 HP OHV Briggs & Stratton Turbo Cool Model 28N707 Type 0173-01 Code 960905ZD. I am going to sell this and am not sure of how to price it. I used this mower up until July 2005, and it worked great then. After this we moved to a suburb (relocated due to job), and I just needed to use a push mower. I kept the riding mower, since we were considering moving back to the country within the next couple of years. I would start the mower every few months. However, the mower went unstarted for about 6 - 8 months or more, and after that it would not start. The motor would turn but would not start. Now, the mower has not started in over a year. Yesterday, I tried to start it again. I do not know much about working on motors. I drained the gas tank and put fresh gasoline in it. It would turn but would not start. After doing some searching online, I have found that since it has sat for so long unstarted, the carburetor is probably gummed up. Other possibilities from what I have read - fuel filter bad, gasoline line plugged (if this is the case, it would be the hose from the filter to the carburetor because I drained the gas from the tank through the hose from the tank once I disconnected it from the fuel filter)...

My question is would it be worth my time to try to get the mower running - would I get my money's worth regarding selling it? Or should I just sell it like it is and explain its condition and just sell it accordingly (for a lower price)?

Which ever the case, what kind of price should I ask? As for what I have had done to this when I was using it - deck rebuilt, tune up, clutch mechanism replaced, inner tubes put in tires - this is all I can think of).

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County
More Discussions