SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
odyssey3

OH NO--I have Rose Rosette!! Questions

odyssey3
15 years ago

I am just devastated to find full blown Rose Rosette on one of my Belinda's Dream bushes. The growth had twisted down and I didn't notice it because all the pictures of RRD have shown the aberrant growth on top. I will post pictures later. (elongated stems, hyperthorniness, redness, deformed blooms and leaves, etc.) I know I need to just dig up this shrub, but I want to ask for help on my 5 surrounding Belinda's Dream roses. I've been looking at them and some leaves appear not very vivid green and I am paranoid that this is the beginning of RRD. I don't want any more textbook cases of RRD to emerge--can someone help me (Ann, maybe?) with more descriptions of very slight RRD symptoms? My biggest worries are that my leaves are off-green (not red) and my blooms seem messy--balling, brown patches (and no thrips that I can tell). Would you shovel prune all 5 now? They are all in close proximity to each other. Or would you keep monitoring for RRD, and spray with Cygon (where can I even get it)? Something else? Help, help, help. I live in a subdivision and can't find any upwind multiflora and don't understand. I need prevention HELP!

I'm going to keep pouring over Ann's e-book...

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living