SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
toronado3800

Emamectn benzoate full proof for EAB treatment?

This came up on another post:

"Emerald Ash Borer (ELB), unlike Asian Longhorned Beetle is treatable. The newest treatment is a trunk injection with Emamectn benzoate which will give two year protection.

Unfortunately this chemical is still only registered for professional use.

With any luck the cost of treatment will go down as more people decide to treat their specimen Ash trees.

For organic only people I note that I too avoid using chemicals if possible. In the case of an invasive insect that will kill your tree however, the amount of toxic chemicals a mature tree filters from the atmosphere each year IMHO is much greater then the amount of poison introduced with a chemical treatment.

I know this is off topic but I just had to comment on this."

So not to hijack the thread. This is VERY important to me as I still have two large white ash.

Does anyone know any professionals who are certified to apply Emamectn benzoate who believe in it enough to warranty my tree against removal? Something like "you sign up for my Emamectn benzoate treatment program and I will pay 100% the cost of removal of your tree if EAB kills it?"

This is very important to me and a number of other private property owners. If I pay $500 to have a tree treated for three years then have to pay another $2,000 to have it removed it is like throwing good money after bad.

Human vaccines work so well some diseases are unheard of anymore. Then again some don't. Just trying to decide how sure a thing Emamectn benzoate is.

Comments (13)