SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
blheron

Black Spot is Making Me Frustrated and Sad

blheron
9 years ago

First time on the rose forum, and I'm guessing this subject had been overly discussed but I need help. I posted this in the PNW forum but got no responses. I especially need to hear from CHARLENEY!

I love roses and have had them for over 40 years. But, I pretty much gave up on them. The maintenance to keep the aphids and black spot under control was just too much. I bought them from JP and they are still fighting to make it after all these years with only pruning.

Last summer I purchased Bayer "All in One" (?) liquid concentrate. It was supposed to take care of insects, black spot/fungus, and fertilize. Unbelievable! My roses looked like the first year I planted them. So of course I went out and bought several more JP roses. BIG mistake. I continued to use the Bayer as directed, but had thick aphid colonies and leafless plants from black spot on all the new ones, and the old ones are now reacting the same way.

I called Bayer and they were very condescending and tried to put it all on me. (I followed the directions exactly) Only suggestion from them was to do an additional treatment--but ONLY one. Didn't help. BTW, they are planted in two different locations, miles apart.

Gave it another try this year, now it's in granular form, and see no difference. I just want to toss them all, but I love them all, and a big investment. The new roses are supposed to be disease resistant. I guess I'm just not supposed to have roses :o( .

Charleney--has the "Bayer Advanced Disease Control" continued to work on the black spot over time?

Am I doomed to have leafless roses with misshapen, aphid eaten flowers?

Sorry to go on, but needed a shoulder to sob on. I miss my roses I'd welcome *any* suggestions....

Linda

Comments (9)