SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snapperowner

Broken rod 24 Briggs & Stratton Snapper engine

snapperowner
15 years ago

I have a Snapper 50 inch zero turn radius with a 24 hp Briggs and Stratton engine that is just under 2 years old. My warranty on the Briggs and Stratton motor will expire in one month. I have always kept the maintenance up to B&S owner manuals specs. Last Saturday my wife started mowing and went about one hundred feet and the mower died out. After several attempts she came and got me and I tried to see what the problem was. I am not at all mechanically inclined. I decide to borrow a friends trailer and take it back to the Western Auto store were I purchased it. I received a call yesterday from the store. They said it had a broken rod and that it was my fault because there was a dirty air filter and dirt in the block. They said that the warranty wouldn't cover the repair or new engine if need. I have read several different post on this site and others where a lot of people are having the same problem. I am to meet with the Briggs rep when he come to look at the engine himself. I am hoping someone here will have the knowledge that I lack to convince this rep that this is an on going problem that B&S is having not only with this size motor , but also several of their bigger motors. Is there someone or several of you that can give me some good arguments to convince this rep that he should stand up and do the right thing and fix my problem. I would appreciate any help any one can give me.

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor
More Discussions