SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kingcobbtx7b

Well now I have done it--bought a Grade #2 America

kingcobbtx7b
10 years ago

Well, I couldn't help myself yesterday when wondering through Wal-mart. My new rose budget for the year, not to mention my planting space, is quite exhausted. However, just for fun, and sense this Wal-Mart strangely carries some nice roses--have seen Climbing Peace, Chicago Peace, American Beauty, Chrysler Imperial, Mr. Lincoln, etc etc-- I took a stroll through the garden section. There sitting in their roses was a very tall healthy looking Cl America. I have always wanted one but never seen one when my budget allowed, well for 8.99 my budget could be stretched. The only issue was I noticed it is a Class #2 Rose. I have never bought a class 2 before, so in addition to listening to my wife complain about another rose bush, the watering bill, the time etc etc etc, I am now going to have to baby a #2 rose. Well it went in the hole in front of the back fence with the fancy Lady Bug Rose Magic I used when I put in the big rose bed so we shall see what he does. It should be an interesting back fence if it and the two Graham Thomas's grow in well as climbers along with the 5 year old and monstrous Lady Banks.

Comments (4)