SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Fuel supply/vacuum fuel pumps?

rustyj14
15 years ago

My continuing problem with fuel pumps has not been solved!

I installed a borrowed fuel pump from a friend, who said it had worked on his tractor, until the engine went BANG! So, he loaned it to me.

I installed it today. The engine ran for 20 seconds and stopped, never to start again. It must have been running on the gas in the high tank i had temporarily connected to the carb. The friend had the fittings marked as to what went where. NO run!

I thought the vacuum hose from the dip-stick tube might not be correct, so i made up a different vacuum fitting in the breather canister on the block----NOTHING!!

As of this date, my actions consist of closing the shop, going upstairs for supper, and trying to figure out what to do next. I've tried all configurations of hose connections, looked at some other equipment with the identical fuel pump on them, and---NOTHING!! NO RUN!!

Only thing left, in my mind, is the high mounted, gravity flow fuel tank, with no fuel pump, because the engine ran good when i installed a temporary tank, above the carburetor. Good thing that tomorrow is Saturday! I might get in my truck and go away to pick my banjo with like-minded folks, about 50 miles from here!

Comments (4)

Sponsored