SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msdeed

Fruit Tree Diseased

msdeed
12 years ago

I've been in this home for three years and this tree has never produced leaves all over, nor have I gotten a chance to see the fruit that grows from it. By the time I notice the fruits the birds have gotten to them. They appear to be cherries but I'm not very sure. There were two of these trees but I cut one down last year after not seeing one leaf and noticing a green coating all over it. But because this one actually had some leaves I left it. I did find that the previous owner had a blue tarp and plastic covering the roots under the layers of mulch. At that time I also noticed there were ants that completely inhabited the mulch as well.

This year I noticed this fungus growing on it. We are experiencing a heat wave here in the Chicagoland area and I'm not sure what effect this is having on the tree either but I thought I would show it here and see what if anything I could do to save it. I tested the elasticity of the tree today and snapped one of the branches in half. It's not looking good for this poor tree. :(

Thanks for any help you provide!

{{gwi:335804}}

{{gwi:335805}}

{{gwi:335806}}

{{gwi:335807}}

{{gwi:335808}}

{{gwi:335809}}

{{gwi:335810}}

Comments (4)