SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davidwv_gw

Anyone Heard of or used Liquid Gypsum?

davidwv
13 years ago

Have any of you heard of or had and experience with this product Liquid Gypsum \ Liquid Thrive, same product different name? I donÂt know if that their claims are advertising hype or if it works as advertised. With my garden soil being heavy clay this product seems somewhat interesting to me. And if it does work as advertised the price is very reasonable too.

With my increasing age and health problems I just cannot lug the organic material up the steep hill where my garden is located like I used to be able to do. We do amend with compost, grass clippings, cardboard and some leaves. I have an "ok" amount of organic material in my soil, enough for the worms to be a little happy. For example after the couple of inches of rain we have had, there are lots of holes showing in the garden from the worms entrances. But it is still very poor draining, taking several days to a couple of weeks to dry out, and that is with no additional rain.

Before asking about this product I did a search on the forum to make sure it had not been discussed previously and I ran up on a thread were someone said that molasses would help clay soil, any truth to this?

Right now I am in desperate need of planting my tomatoes and other garden veggies, but with over 2 inches of rain in the past two days my garden is too wet to work in. I may have to put down some boards to distribute my weight and ease them into the soil anyway. I just canÂt keep putting it off.

I would appreciate any comments or thoughts you guys might have about the products I mentioned.

Thanks,

David

Here is a link that might be useful: Liquid Gypsum

Comments (23)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz