SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kosch_gw

Building soil for raised beds

Kosch
9 years ago

Hi All,

Just getting to building some raised beds for this year. One 4x10 will have beans, cucumbers, lettuce, carrots, beets, radishes, and a few other random things. Another 4x4 will have all strawberries.

Most of our landscaping companies have about the same stuff. I'm thinking some mix of their garden soil,compost, and composted bark fines. I also will have a drip irrigation setup if that matters.

I'm looking to build something based on what they have and would appreciate any input!

Thanks!

Kosch

Here is what they have:

Premium Garden Soil�
For Vegetable and Flower Gardening -- Our special blend of black peat soil, organic compost and sand produces the best fertile soil for heavy feeders like perennials, vegetables and annuals. Our patented Premium Garden Soil is specially blended to retain moisture while providing the perfect drainage and the optimum amounts of organic matter for healthy plants. Your roses will grow healthy and strong, your flowers will be lush and colorful and your vegetables will yield a bountiful harvest when you start with Premium Garden Soil.

EKO Compost

Fresh Bark Fines
There's nothing like the clean, earthy scent of fresh bark. This finely ground red fir bark runs 1/2" and less. Its fresh reddish brown color offers a nicely manicured look to your garden and landscape beds.

Dark Bark Fines
Do you like the look of rich dark soil but want the benefits of mulch? If so, then Dark Bark Fines is a wise choice. This mulch began as fresh bark fines, but was composted to produce the dark earthy color often sought after by homeowners and contractors alike. When used directly on top of the soil, this bark can be worked in to the soil as it further decomposes and becomes a soil conditioner.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH