SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brit5467

Questions about Foxglove / Digitalis purpurea �Camelot Lavender�

10 years ago

I googled Foxglove (in general) regarding full sun vs part shade and even found a couple threads on here. But seems there was much difference of opinion on the web AND on GW.

However, like I said, that was about Foxglove in general. Everyone was naming different varieties. So I kinda got the impression it depends on what variety you have.

So I have a few questions. I found a half gallon plant today on clearance.� No ID tag but after research, I'm pretty certain it's Camelot Lavender.

1 ~ Anyone have experience with this particular variety? (I don't need replies about other ones varieties since as I said, I think it depends on the variety.)

2 ~ Full sun or part shade? Two websites I found that sell seeds said full sun.

3 ~ I'm confused about when it says it doesn't come back after the 2nd year. I understand what a biennial is, but does yours reseed and come back? Knowing this will determine where I will plant it.

4 ~ And the biggest question. Since this was clearance, it was in pretty bad shape. Each of the stalks of blooms were broke and bent over, just below the blooms. I don't know if it was from the weight or what, but other than that, the plant looked healthy.

5 ~ I cut each bloom stalk off just above new growth but didn't know if I should cut it back down even further? Will it still bloom more now? And if not, will it blome later on in the season?

I'd take a pic but it's nighttime. If it would be helpful, I can post one tomorrow.

Also, any helpful hints about Camelot Lavendar would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bonnie

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor