SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
samuel_gw

Auto Refill Propane Mess Up

samuel
15 years ago

Hi group,

It has been many moons since I have posted on the forums. But we are slowly getting our life back in order.

I have a question for you all.

This is the second year in a row that the gas company supplying fuel to our greenhouse has allowed it to run out of gas! Almost to the day, we looked up at the greenhouse and noticed the blue flame was not burning. I lost almost all my stock last year and was just rebuilding the collection.

Here is my issue. They say they will reimburse the cost of the plants. Fine, but there is something to be said about the Total Cost of Ownership of these plants. The loss of the plants last year was about $550 for new plants, even though these were full grown beautiful plants.

What is your opinion about getting an actual cost for these plants.

8 Passiflora $30 dollars for the young plants now in 4 gallon containers

1 fifteen year old jade completely dropped it leaves

2- 5 year old stag horn ferns

1- 6 foot Australian tree fern

3- 10" pots of of String of hearts vine "Ceropegia woodii"

1- 4' euphoria that was about 10 years old

1- gallon container of euphorbia

2- 3 gallon pots of angel wing begonias 5 years old

1- three year old Datura

1- Large fiddle leaf philodendron

1- 7' banana that had not bloomed yet (4 years old)

There are others but these stick out in my mind at this time.

I was so discouraged that if it were not for the starter plants that i had that did live i would have told them to take their tank and shove it..

how do you figure the fuel from last year, the cost of maintaining the plants, and ect...

and on top of that they billed me $1,000 for the gas fill up on a 500 gallon tank.

I specifically signed up with this company because they understood that at NO time could i run out of gas.

Comments (5)