SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_8959062

hey ho - democracy, perhaps not

User
13 years ago

Any of you rosarians gripped by the non-event of our general election. Nope, I didn't expect so. I myself, a day and a half after the fiasco involving unedifying scenes of democratic irregularities, voters turned away when the ballots ran out of time (hey Sherry, remember Florida, 2000?) leaving us with one wallflower nonentity now in the position of being able to cosy up to either one of the despised two main parties and effectively decide our next govt. This was always going to be an election where the public lost out after the horrible excesses of the 'expenses' scandal where all three contenders had their snouts firmly in the trough. I was hoping to anaesthetise myself with my sons spendid Madame Alfred, currently flailing around threatening members of his housing co-op - we were going to spank it firmly and rein it in on a swiftly constructed arch....but oh, it is cold and wet and grey. Hence my willingness to inflict tedium on you lot too now that there is no sanctuary from inane political pundits. I could take refuge in the greenhouse but tomatoes suffered catastrophic disaster this year and I have been forced to.....(shame) buy in some plants! Dammit, maybe I will just put a mac on and get out there.

Comments (19)