SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brandiwinesweet

Greenhouse Frame

brandiwine
15 years ago

Need some input regarding our "used" greenhouse. We purchased a greenhouse that was custom designed at our local vocational school. It's got about 15 years on it but quality steel was used in the construction, so we felt like we could refurbish it. It is a 15 x 24. We started hand sanding the roof sections (4) by hand and priming. We still have the other 2 sections, plus the sides and about 10 8' long steel tables to do. My husband works 12-14 hours for the past couple of years and is too tired to do anything but rest and I'm on a 12 hr shift, as well. We are finding it tough to get inspired to finish the project....my thoughts went to sandblasting. The rust is NOT severe except 1 small spot needs weld work...that is it. What we did do has been out in the elements and still looks absolutely brand new. Is there anyone with advice concerning a possibility of the sandblasting? I would need to know what size sandblaster to buy/rent, medium? sand? how much needed, costs involved, time saved would be worth it I hope...our backyard looks like a junkyard right now and I am trying to envision the awesome finished project!

Any suggestions regarding will be greatly appreciated. A client I worked for had about 25 piecs of wrought iron patio furniture done, and the guy who did it arranged the pieces very closely, overlapping as he blasted, getting more than 1 piece at a time...would that be feasable with the tables, sides? Thank you for any responses

Brandi

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio