SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aachenelf

Have you ever had a water garden and then got tired of it?

I've had a small pond for years and years and have really enjoyed it. It's only large enough for 1 water lily and few water hyacinths and 3 large goldfish I've kept going for about 10 years now. They were just wee little 49 cent fish when I picked them up and it's been fun watching them grow up.

I think I'm finally getting tired of the maintenance. Granted it doesn't take a lot of effort to keep this this pond functioning, but after once again having issues with racoons ripping everything up, I'm starting to think the time has come to let it go.

After 2 nights of attacks by those critters, I did put up the mini electric fence which sometimes works like a charm and sometimes the 'coons figure out a way around it. Even if it does work, it's still ugly and IMO really detracts from the look of the pond. But what is one to do? If you have racoons, there isn't a whole lot that will stop them other than a jolt of juice. Also found out today, Minneapolis has one of the largest urban populations of racoons in the country. Aren't we lucky!

I would have more space for regular plants if it were gone. That could be a lot more fun. I wonder if I would really miss it? Anyone else with a similar experience?

Kevin

Comments (16)