SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tayvo20

Craftsman riding lawn mower will not go anywhere

Tayvo20
10 years ago

I have a Craftsman riding lawn mower with a Briggs and Stratton engine Model # 917.270531. At the end of last summer it was running fine. I am close to getting my mower running through the help of this forum but now my problem is that my mower will not go anywhere, I put it in gear but every gear seems just like it is in Neutral. The things I had done prior to this most recent problem are; installed a new magneto, Prior to finding out that was the problem, I had just put in a new solenoid, and taken the rear tire off to have it fixed. i started wondering if either one of those things had something to do with my newest problem (mower going nowhere). I got online and saw a forum that mentioned the same problem I was having and said that the problem may be that the "key" may not have been put back correctly or at all when replacing the tire. My problem is that I have never seen a "key". I am not even sure if this actually applies to my model. When I checked the list of parts online, I found a part listed as the 'axle hub key'. Can anyone tell me if this sounds like what is at the root of my problem.

Comments (2)

Sponsored