SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mad_town_gal

New house, new garden

mad_town_gal
16 years ago

First time home buyer here and pretty excited about it.

I've put in an offer which was accepted and we'll be closing June 1, assuming the home inspection goes well.

The house is on the smaller side, but in a great neighborhood, recently updated, priced right, and has a pretty extensive garden. I know a garden could turn of some people, but to me it was a perk. It was done nicely, had a drip irrigation system already in place, and I'll be curious if I can transfer my balcony gardening skills to the ground. The house was empty when I did my walk throughs, but they had left a binder with photos of the garden at different times of the year. In the offer, we included that all the landscaping and plants will stay (although I'd be willing to let them have anything that may have sentimental value).

My question is whether or not it'd be appropriate to ask the seller if they have layout or plans from the garden? I can easily identify the types of most of the plants, but not the varieties. I think I'd help me out a ton if I knew what I was working with. Do you think the seller would have this info and be willing to share? Is it one of those things that it doesn't hurt to ask?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I've also posted this question in the Home forum for buying selling houses. Figured between the two I'd get all the experts advice. :)

Comments (2)