SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thebeans_gw

Fender Shift Hydro

thebeans
16 years ago

Hey, the recent thread about people running over stuff when getting used to a foot operated hydros made me realize something. People have been sold a bill of goods so to speak. The marketing folks have convinced mower buyers that foot operated hydros are better because they operate "just like driving a car" I know it is just whatever folks get used to but unless you drive around in circles on a big flat yard it seems that a fender shift is much better. I have had a fender shift for many years and was dreading the day it died because (I thought) fender shifts were no longer available. Then looking through a Husqvarna catalog the other day I noticed they have 3 fender shift hydro tractors!!! One 38" LT and two GTs, a 48 and a 54. PRAISE BE!! Someone realizes that some folks know the superiority of fender shift hydros despite the marketing hype. A few years ago Simplicity still had fender shifts available but I don't think they do now. Husky may not be the best LT and GTs available but if you want a fender shift hydro they may be the only choice. If there are others please let me know.

Comments (7)

Sponsored