SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mownie

Hydro tranny situation report

mownie
16 years ago

I have begun this thread because I think I have enough new info to justify the new thread (and to put the topic back out front for the forum sharpshooters in case they missed my last couple of postings in the previous thread). Please refer to my postings dated May 10 in the thread titled "Hydrostat tranny: Basic operating guidelines and characteristics". I hope someone who has "hands on" experience with this make/model set up can tell me what material the OEM "friction washers" are made of. I am going to try to fabricate replacement parts from my assortment of spare parts/materials/junk that I have on hand. I think I can work it but I don't want to make the friction washers from a material that will "eat up" the "scissors mtg. bracket" that the washers must rub against. If anyone wants to see the parts illustration you can go to www.jackssmallengines.net/parts.asp then click the "Shop Online" button and follow these steps: Select OEM > White Outdoor > 1993 > Garden Tractor (1993) > 143U836H190 GT 185 > Drive System Transaxle . Look at the inset picture that has item # 108 "scissors mounting bracket" (the inset picture is diectly under the inset picture for the cooling fan and input pulley). Please post answers/comments in this thread and we'll use the old thread for reference only. Thanks

Comments (8)

Sponsored