SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
conifers_gw

Ping dcarch Photos for you - Dax

conifers
16 years ago

I'm broke dcarch, my momma is broke, and so is my pappa. Everything is to code and I consider my house to be the work of a master craftsman.

Blueprints were written by Menards, My home is wonderful. Last weekend we had 50 mile an hour winds with freezing rain and it was a peaceful as any other day inside my home. One windgust gave me a good shake but other than that, nothing.

There's an 8 foot rod buried that's attached to my electrical box and all my plumbing is copper. The deck balustrades are spaced so a woman's high heel shoe won't fit through them (that's stretching it) nor on the deck surface, will her shoe get stuck because the boards were properly attached to allow for shrinkage. Next spring, I'll waterseal the deck after all the shrinkage occrs. RE: this lightening rod, my computer and everything else you can think of actually will not be damaged should lightening occur. Menards, Home Depot, Lowes, all these stores would have sent a lightening rod if that's how homes were to be built. Thanks for thinking of me.

Your #2: I have so many vents (from the inside of the garage and all surrounding parts of the home except the deck where the car siding was used for aestetic purposes) that, I can sleep at night knowing condensation will never be a factor.

Here are some photos so you can see that I'm very happy with what I do have and to rememdy our discussion. I consider this matter to be finalized.

Thank you sir,

Dax

Venting throughout:

{{gwi:310320}}

{{gwi:310321}}

{{gwi:310322}}

{{gwi:310323}}

{{gwi:310324}}

Comments (15)