SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_rose_gw

Jackson & Perkins order Help/Advice

mary_rose
15 years ago

I did something stupid...I ordered from J&P on May 5th. I caught a good sale. Anyway, when I ordered them they told me delivery would be the 23rd. I checked on line to see the status of my order and they had been shipped. So called J&P to find out the delivery tracking number and they gave me the fedex tracking number and I checked. Yup, they have been shipped from California to SC on the 16th. Last scanned on the 17th in CA and nothing scanned since. I called Fedex and they said they were scanned when they went on the truck and will not be scanned til they get here to the east coast. I told them they were bareroot roses and they should not have been put on a truck for a week. Not their problem, that is how they were shipped. Called J&P and told them what was going on and they said if the roses are dead, send them back and they would ship me some new ones after they got those back. I know, I know I took a chance ordering the beginning of May with bareroots, but I couldn't help it. Now it looks as if I won't get them til June, if then. And that is way too late to try to get them in the ground here. It is already in the 80's here.

What should I do? Do I try to see if they will grow, refuse the order so I don't have to pay for shipping again, take them over Park Seed and dump them in their lap? (I only live 45 minutes away from Parks so the drive may just be worth it, at this point) Any advice would help at this point. Fedex said they may get here tomorrow (22nd) but not scheduled for delivery until 23rd. I just want to know what to do or think...I normally get my roses from RU, Ashdown or Chamblees, so I never had this problem before.....Help!

Needless to say, I will never order from them again. I am going to call and get that stupid catalog stopped. =(

Mary

Comments (21)