SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
radgardener_gw

disabled composting

RADgardener
12 years ago

Hello,

I'm a long time lurker, just posting. I have composted a long time ago, but have been very sick for a couple of decades. Meds are working fairly well and I am in PT, but I've got a long way to go. I was wondering if you guys had any tips for me? I have space in the kitchen for a bucket, and a huge yard, and a garden that was dug and planted for me today (a little early, but I take what help I can when I can, and I have plenty of plastic to cover it with if it frosts). There are 3 steps down from my small back porch to the yard. My wrists and hands are still affected, and maybe always will be, so twisting or turning things is mostly out of the question. I can't lift much, ie, a gallon of milk is almost too much at this point, though that should improve in the next few months.

I was thinking maybe a small container that rolls, that I could drag down the steps? Or a bag of some sort? I'd like to do a pile in the back of the yard, but I am not sure I can do that walk every day, yet. I had the garden planted right inside the fence, close to the steps, so watering would be easy. I think I could get by with a pile near the fence on the non-neighbor side, about halfway to the back.

Any tips, especially from others who have rheumatoid autoimmune disorder (RA) or something similar would be appreciated very much. Thank you.

Comments (16)