SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gypsmjim

If its not a JD, it must be NG

gypsmjim
17 years ago

First of all, let me qualify my post by stating that I'm talking about lawn tractors, not massive farm units.

33 years ago I bought an 8hp Dynamark cheepie. Didn't like it (but that's another story), and sold it to a friend. It's still running and mowing his lawn, funny that. I bought a new Toro tractor in 1985, and just now decided to buy a new one for my home. The old Toro is going to my summer home - I'm just getting too lazy to push a mower any more, and at my age...well, that's yet another story...LOL.

Anyway, when I bought the Toro, I also looked at Deeres. In these past 20 something years I have seen a few of the old 1984 vintage JDs, but all are rusted out and in the junk pile now. I do, however, see used Toros of the same vintage in the dealer's used tractor lot. Hummmm!

Nevertheless....the point of my rambling is that I wonder about people faulting Toros today just because they are made by MTD. I have a lot of respect for Toro. Hell, my father's Toro push mower is a 1962 and it is still in service! Don't you think that the MTD Toros are made to Toro specifications, and not just another Yardman?

Comments (22)

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012
More Discussions