SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bowtie001

What to do? Used ride on or new push?

bowtie001
15 years ago

So I am at a turning point. I have owned a house for three years and my donated, 1982 Toro Recycler has finally breathed its last. I have adjusted the valves for the last time. The bald wheels don't push well when the self propelled feature does work, at whatever speed it wants. I need to pour gas down the carb to get it to fire, the wheels self adjust down constantly and it doesn't take care of the long grass anymore without clogging every two passes.

What to do? It's a half acre. I have a large hill in the front yard. My grass stinks and my yard can be bumpy. I borrowed my neighbors ride on, and it was impressive how easy it was, and how quick it was.

I have the following criteria: must be near $400. Must mulch. Must last (there are bigger yards in my future). Must be either self propelled or ride on.

So what do I do, buy a new Toro Super Recycler?, used snapper ride on?, used harmony ride on? Something I hadn't considered?

Please give me a hand. I have never owed a mower that wasn't free or out of a junk pile. I've never had a kid either, so there's less time to waste. I am not afraid of used, but I don't want a huge project.

Thanks in advance

-Brian

Comments (19)

Sponsored