SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jackiem21_gw

Privacy Evergreen Needed!

Jackiem21
11 years ago

Hi there, Our yard is in desperate need of privacy. We had an open field beyond our yard. There is a building far left and 2 water towers, one to the far left and one mid right in the distance maybe 3-4 hundred feet. They are not that much of an issue when the leaves are on the big maple tree in the the back of our yard and all the neighbors trees are full. although I would rather not see them ever. The major issue is that a local car dealership has been renting the this empty property from the owner who apparently does not care much about all the families who now have a view of what is currently a giant overflow parking lot! the cars are lower than the trees so nothing really blocks all the view. We are replacing the fence but will still see a lot of it. I want to plant some sort of evergreens that grow quickly, are storm hearty & kind of low maintenance. Nothing too tall in the hundreds of feet. I have no problem trimming and watering but do not want to worry about trees that are susceptible to pest and disease with whatever I put there. We do not have a huge yard about 60' x 60' with the back fence being about 45 feet from our deck. The fence is west, so what ever I plant will have plenty of sun all day, the sun goes down far right behind our fence. I will gladly sacrifice part of the sunset to block the horrid view we now have. We live in zone 7, New Jersey. Any suggestions besides moving hahaha..... be will be much appreciated :)

Comments (4)