SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeffcat_gw

Climbing Eden Roses in Zone 5?

jeffcat
14 years ago

Oh oh oh, my psychological ambivalence for my rose selections. I have an arbor I would like to have roses grow up. I was set on choosing the "nice and reliable" choice of a New Dawn and Ramblin Red here in Columbus, OH, but while returning my Blaze climbers today at my local nursery, I ran into the worst thing........3 beautiful Eden climbing roses........all of which have the gorgeous English/antique/romantica blooms that I adore.

Now I am torn.....again. I havn't seen many people try Eden's in z5, so I was curious if anybody had any experience with them in z5 and how well they performed and survived the winter. If I went this route, I would probably get a red eden and place a white eden on the other side of the arbor......or instead white, the regular eden as it seems to be pretty close to the same color. If it seems too risky and I have to "fall back on" the New Dawn and Ramblin Red, I will still be more than pleased and quite happy, however if I can have somebody persuade me that the Eden's are able to grow and climb in z5, I would really love to give them a shot. Thanks!

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!