SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
noni_morrison

My finds...

Noni Morrison
13 years ago

I dropped by the West Seattle Nursery today and was blown away by their roses...Big beautiful JP and Weeks roses in big pots and the roses are so tall they barely fit into my car! At under $20 each, I had to pick up a new FIrefighter (My last 2 froze in large pots), Sedona, and Heart of Gold.

ON one of the Sedonas was the most incredible flower..it was almost scarry! I really think it was at least 8" across, maybe 9 and looked like a large coral orange pompon with some yellow petal backs showing. NOt like the pics in the catalogs at all, and I half way hope it was just a freak! I went ahead and got it anyway. Either it will be beautiful or it will be a conversation piece!

What are your experiences with Sedona? And what about Heart of Gold? I am hoping it will replace Belle'aroma who balled terribly in the rain. FIrefighter will go into my new Red and White bed with Black Cherry, Scarlet Velvet, and ALec's red, Tumbling Waters,Fragrant Wave and Rock and ROll. I have started a whole flat of The dark red Sweet WIlliams to plant among them, in a mixed perennial and rose border. I will decide what else to add as I go along , perhaps some silvery foliage plants.

Comment (1)