SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
knoxrosetn

Where to plant my Golden Celebration?

KnoxRose z7
10 years ago

Hello everyone!
I have a Golden Celebration that I have been planning on planting right in the front of my garden, front and center because I love yellow roses and this is one of the grandest I've seen. However, recently I googled photos of Golden Celebration and I noticed that in some photos (posted by random people all over the world) the flowers were a distinctly pale, pastel yellow, but in others they were bright, rich yellow, just like they are described by the david austin website. Anyway, my question is, what would cause this to happen? I know that in warm climates the sun can bleach out flowers on a bush over time, but would planting the rose in a spot that receives full sun for most of the day guarantee that it would produce sub-par color? I have a spot further to the side of my garden that receives some afternoon shade, I wouldn't get to see it as much as I would like, but if it would guarantee that the flowers are a rich yellow I may plant it there anyway. What do you think? Will the sun bleach out these flowers in my zone 7 garden? Do you think that was even the reason for the lightened flowers in those pictures? Also, random side question, do any of you provide supports of any kind for golden celebration? I know the flowers are very large and sometimes cause the plant to hang funny, I was just wondering if that would be a good idea or just unnecessary.

Comments (8)