SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
andrelaplume2

What brand to select or consider..

andrelaplume2
16 years ago

My 8 year old toro is in for service and hopefully it comes back and provides another 8 years of trouble free mowing. But....sooner or later it will need to be replaced. The question is what to replace it with.

I have a larger relatively flat yard, about 18K sq feet. I could likely just use a hand mower but the tractor is lot quicker and with kids time is a luxury I do not currently have. Obviously I need something smaller (current toro is a 32 inch single blade). It should be dependable. It should be well constructed - I do not want it literally falling apart after a few years. I should be able to easily do the basics (change filters, oil, plugs, blade). If professional service is required, it should be easy for those guys to work on - I don't want to pay 4 hours labor to change a belt. It should be stable (small hills) and safe. The cost is hopefully $1500 or less.

What would I consider? It seams all the once perceived good brands (Toro, Huscvara, Troy Built) are now really the same brand (MTD) which I understand not to be too terrific....unless MTD is making them to Toro, Troy, etc specs. John Deer has low cost stuff at the big box stores but I understand the quality is lacking and they are expensive to service. So what would I look at to meet my needs?

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida
More Discussions