SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
martha_5

Anyone know anything about a Grillo tiller ?

Martha_5
18 years ago

Hello everyone,

My husband and I have been reading all of the commentary about tillers in preparation for buying our first tiller for our new 4 acre market garden we are just establishing this year. We have found your discussions very useful and thought perhaps we would buy a BCS tiller with it's low center of gravity and great reliabilty as we are not young and strong. We were looking especially at the BCS 718 model and talking with a dealer. He puts Honda engines in this machine new and sells them for approximately $300 more or $1800 without the tiller which is another $380 to $400 depending on where you shop. When I expressed interest in the Honda engine which is the same 6.5 hp as the Briggs & Stratton the BCS comes with, he suggested the Grillo tiller. For the same price or $20 more it comes standard with a 9 hp Honda, same 3 speeds forward and 2 reverse with a little more speed in each gear. According to this dealer, they have been BCS's competition and at one time business partner in Europe for 40 or 50 years. Has anyone heard of or used a Grillo tiller?

Comments (15)