SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
socal10_gw

Entire Rose Garden Suffering

SoCal10
10 years ago

Help!

I have about 30 various roses planted throughout my yard and they all seem to be suffering. With this many roses, it's easy to see how whatever this is can spread so easily. I'd prefer to resolve this organically, but it may be too much for a natural remedy to handle.

Note: All watering is done by drip or flat sprayers, so minimal, if any, water rests on the leaves.

Photo 1 (left): Leaves are turning pale yellow, starting on the edges and turning into splotches. No pest visible and they don't seem to be stressed. The leaves in the picture have been that way for a month. Is this a nutrient deficiency?

Photo 2 (center): Dual issue:
#1 Aphids. I cant seem to shake these guys and have tried nearly everything to get rid of them: water/soap mix, natural predators (waste of money! gone in minutes), neem oil and some Ortho rose spray for bugs. Nothing seems to do the trick.
#2 Fungus?: I'm stumped here. It's almost a powder-like substance on the new bud and some of the leaves. Not necessarily on the same buds as the aphids. The leaves that are affected usually curl inward after a while.

Photo 3 (right): This may be a continuation of whatever is on the buds, however, these leaves started to fade to black starting on the edges and working their way in. The leaves don't necessarily appear to be dead just yet, more like they're starting to rot. A few leaves develop the white powdery residue after a while.

Lastly, and not included in pictures is the rust issue. ALL of my roses are dealing with rust and after reading countless threads on how to deal with it, nothing seems to work. I pull every leaf that shows signs of rust and throw them in the green waste can as to not contaminate other plants or compost.

Comments (19)