SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
piper101_gw

I can't believe this happened,,,what do I do,,, if anything?

piper101
16 years ago

As some of you know, I've been waiting on my bare root Julio Iglesias to break dormancy and it looks just yesterday/today it is going to do that. Now this! What should I do? Husband didn't mean to but...

He accidently stepped on it, broke a cane and partly bent it over!!! It's only been in the ground like 4-5 wks probably. My lemon/fruit picker end catch basket has finally come lose and ended up on the other side of the block wall while trying to get lemons. So... in "helping" to retrieve it, in stepping back to the ground, he doesn't look down and steps right on it! I heard the crunch. The cane is still attached (like the inside is hanging on) but should I see if it will repair itself or cut it off to prevent further trauma?

Of course I swore, but that wasn't as bothersome as the rose being landed on which caused it to move in its hole.

I quickly stood it upright and tampped down the soil.

And just for fun, irony I guess in this situation, we are going out of town on Monday morning for close to a week and I won't even be able to see what is happening to it. But hopefully the sights in Sedona will make me forget about worrying about this little rose.

What say you all? Is she a gonner or not to worry?

Comments (3)