SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
windcatcher_gw

JD 322 information needed please

windcatcher
16 years ago

Hey Folks. I've found a JD 322 unknown year, in a classified ad. I'm in the process of getting more information right now. The current owner wants $3375.00 for it. I think that's negotiable. Willing to deliver. Here's what it says:

John Deere Model 322 Compact Tractor, 3 cylinder water cooled industrial engine, power steering, 3 point rear hydraulic lift, front mounted (easy to remove)blade with hydraulic angled scrape blade, garden cultivator, 3 pt. hitch gang disk, good tires, new seat, hydrostatic transmission, excellent condition. Tractor has just been serviced and ready. This is a man sized, comfortable to ride and handle commercial grade tractor.

From an e-mail: "The engine is Yanmar 3 cyl, 18 Hp, gas. Hours is 1034, no smoke, no leaks except a drip from the hydraulic connectors when the blade is left up all night. Very good tires, this is a very nice tractor. No mower, can deliver. PTO kit is available from John Deere and after market source for either belly mount or rear 3 pt hitch mower. I have been amazed at the power of this tractor and a 12" plow would be no problem. The tractor weighs about 900 lbs.

I don't need this tractor as I too have a larger one and the 322 needs to go."

I know virtually nothing about JD tractors. I'm thinking hard about this one as I've done some looking at the weekend freedom machines site, and it looks like one heck of a tractor.

What can I expect out of this tractor? How many hours do you think this Yanmar engine will last with good maintenance? I already have a Farmall Cub with 3 pt hitch and equipment, but it is in need of an engine rebuild. If I can get an upgrade and not have to do any heavy rebuilding, I might be able to sell my Cub and come out in decent shape.

Opinions? Let it fly. As I said, I have no experience with JD's, but I'm aware some of them were built rock solid.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (6)