SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nermal1983

Does anyone have a Sleeping Porch?

Jackie McCarty
13 years ago

Hi All!

I've never posted to this forum but I have a question. Does anyone here have a sleeping porch? I've been through 30 pages of google looking for ideas and I've found some pretty good ones, but I know this site has a TON of info that isnt on google.

My plan is to build a permanent structure, not sure about the floor yet, made of old & new window sashes. I work at a window replacement store and I get dibs on everything the installers bring back all the brand new vinyl sashes we dont need, so my yard is somewhat cluttered.

I want to built the room with a run of solid sashes around the bottom then a 3-4 tall run of screen, then another run around the top of sashes (all this will be framed), then of course the roof. I might have one solid wall, then three walls of windows/screens.

I'm in Alabama so any dangers of the floor heaving during frost is out. I was maybe thinking of a brick floor... Whatever it will be has to be cheap or free.

What do y'all think about that idea? Do any of you have a sleeping porch or pictures of any?

Thanks!

Jackie/STROBE

Comment (1)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH