SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pks19

John Deere LT155 or D130 Series

pks19
10 years ago

Need to buy a riding mower for my dad who no longer wishes to push his 1/2 acre +. I am not familiar at all with build quality of the current JD models but there seem to be plenty of dissatisfaction online. Hard to evaluate all on line reviews so I figured I would ask here. Needs are quite simple. Mow a bit over 1/2 acre(almost all flat land), some light pulling of a cart and bagging clean up in spring and fall. He was looking at a D125 or 130 at Home Depot. Interest free financing, Free cart and & roughly $2200 total. There is also a local JD Lt155 in near mint shape for $1000 no bagger. Cost of a new bagger is $500 at JD. Total $1500 or perhaps a bit less if negotiable. My dad is less enthusiastic about used but the LT seems to get much better reviews. Smaller and better (size and shed wise) 38" deck as opposed to the 42. The old 38" deck also seems to generate better lifting/pick-up capability than the newer 42s. Less fuel with the single Kohler Command vs the Vtwin on the D125 or D130. Of course there is no warranty on the used LT. Other models and options? Seems as though there are no 38" decks offered anymore. Thank you.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting