SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hilde_wny

Thank you guys!!!

hilde_wny
17 years ago

Hi,

I just wanted to thank all of you who offered advise on buying a riding lawnmower for my husband's 50th birthday!

As it was a present, I couldn't follow all the Slammers rules, but I did follow quite a few of them!

I ended up buying a Snapper LT2250 from a local dealer and added the mulch kit to it. It has a Briggs and Stratton Intek 22hp engine and a 50" mower deck. Yes, it is not a Vanguard, but I hope the Intek will hold up well with good maintenance. This Snapper is basicly a Simplicity Regent without the rollers, I understand they are made side by side at the same plant and pretty much identical.

I wanted to buy a 44" deck, because one of the advise I had gotten here was to get a deck with three knives to get a better cut. The dealer offered me the 50" for just $100 more since he had it in stock, and I took it! Totally I paid almost $3000.00 with taxes and mulch kit.

My husband is already impressed by the incredible 12" turn radius. The lawnmower fits perfectly in the shed. I thought it would take up more room than it does. Another good thing is that the deck is very easy to remove for sharping and cleaning.

So thank you guys, for your advise! I really appriciate it! Here is a picture of my husband on the Snapper and the guy who delivered it and showed my husband everything he needed to know about it.

Hilde

{{gwi:317738}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!