SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nippstress

Two free rose sale at Vintage

Hi folks

I haven't seen this on their website yet, but Vintage has emailed out a sale for April that with every 8 roses you buy you get two of them free, rather than just one free (or $2 off each rose if you buy 4). You have to supply as many alternate choices as you order, but I find their bands terrific (and prices reasonable) and I think this offer is a good deal.

More than this, we've all been concerned in the rose world about seeing if we can help keep Vintage in business. I've seen posts here assuming that Vintage has pulled through their intended closing, but that doesn't yet seem to be the case. The latest email was literally an "SOS" from Gregg to help save Vintage by keeping up with orders yet this spring.

I realize that we all buy roses from many places and I've been buying from my usual sources, as well as several (okay, 5) previous orders from Vintage for this year. Still, I looked at this sale as an opportunity to support a rose vendor I value and do a little rose enabling among my neighbors at the same time. I showed the "two rose free" sale to two of my neighbors who are very interested but not all that experienced with roses, and offered choices for each of them to pick two free.

Yes, I know I only GET two free ones total, but as long as they don't talk to each other about this I get to be a rose enabler and help out Vintage at the same time. For the newest neighbor, she just wanted "typical rose-looking roses" that are totally easy care, so I ordered her Royal William and Gene Boerner, and the other one wanted wanted typical HTs in white and "something unusual", so I got her Flaming Peace and a choice of Burnaby or White Prince.

And even though most of what I really want for myself isn't available from Vintage at the time, it wasn't very hard to fill out the rest of the order for myself. I figured that if I ever want the rest of those Custom Order roses to resurface as Vintage offerings, I can help do something to help that now.

Just my two cents, but we're all looking for a good deal and this one is also helping keep a breadth of rose offerings available. Check back in with the forum if you want advice among these offerings, and we'll all be happy rose enablers!

Cynthia

Comments (4)