SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ceth_k

Me and my poop

ceth_k
13 years ago

I'd always dreamed of putting my poop to better use than to flush them down the toilet bowl causing red tide. I was long convinced that human poop is the best manure there is for any organic gardener who wished to do it the natural and environmental friendly way, and harvesting the most micro-nutrient enriched crops resulted from its uses, thus making a somehow 'true cycle' gardening life style.

Since I eat my own crops, parasite and/or disease do not pose a problem, especially when the worst/chronic diseases in the world is not poop transmittable. So why be afraid? And the only thing left that held me back from doing what I really wanted to do is the offensive smell of my poop.

The psychological breakthrough about the poop smell problem that I had last week, is when I suddenly thought of the power of the earth that could stop all buried smell. I used to bury fish scraps, and if the disgusting fish smell stayed in the soil without escaping, then why the smell of my poop cannot be treated the same way? And all the organic gardening inf in my head just felt connected at that point. So I went to the garden and dug a hole which is not very deep, and bury my poop there a few hours later. And the good news is I dont smell anything remotely like my poop at the spot I buried it! What a relief. I should have learn from the cats a long time ago.

And now I decided to use the best compost bin in the world(my stomach), and do all my beds preparation with buried poop and no other inferior manure anymore. I just know that my soil will be a LOT richer in trace elements from now onward. Thanks for reading.

Comments (27)