SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedleemiho

Getting frustrated from complaints!!

dedleemiho
17 years ago

I've been living in my apartment for about 8 months now and I love it. It's 2 levels and 4 apartments per level. The neighbors on my level are all very friendly, easy going people. I live in a dog building (there are dog buildings and non-dog friendly buildings) and my dog is a 10 pound very trained pooch.

About 2 months ago I received a complaint that someone said I wasn't cleaning up my dog's poop and if I didn't start, they were going to take action against me. My dog poops about 3 times a week, and 2 out of 3 times it won't be at my home (he goes with me everywhere including work). When he does poop at my apartment, he does it near the dumpster and I've always picked it up and tossed it, no big deal.

Today I got a second complaint that I'm not picking up my dog's poop and on top of that 2 more complaints. #2-They added that I need to stop smoking in my apartment and in the hallway. Problem is, I don't smoke..my fiance doesn't smoke..we don't have anyone over smoking. #3-They said my fiance has to stop playing music at 11:30 at night (he often carries music equipment in and out of our apartment because hes a musician, but rents a practice space in town where he actually uses it).

Sooo..the point of this post is that I've received 3 complaints. All 3 complaints are completely false. Management is threatening me, and I'm getting furious but short of collecting my dog's poop for them, letting them sniff my apartment for signs of smoking, and keeping a recording on sounds from my apartment..how do I prove myself? I'm sure that it's the people directly below me (they're the only ones that don't talk to me, the man hates dogs, and everyone in my building complains about them because they smell bad and their kids run screaming through the apartment). I'm thinking they're just making up complaints to take the heat off themselves. harumph!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH