SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fletchb_gw

Newbie question about Mircle grow

fletchb
11 years ago

Hello,

Last weekend I planted 2 trees and wondering if I messed up on #2.

On Sat:
1) A Yoshino Flowering Cherry bought at Lowes on Sat. Friend helped me with this one. He used the existing soil from the pot but surrounded it by Miracle Grow moisture control. We could not find the second tree I wanted at lowes so his mom gave me 3 very small trees. They are called Japanese plums otherwise known as Eriobotrya japonica . Because they were so small, my sister told me I should grow them in pots till they get bigger. My friend was not so sure about that so I cut it down the middle and planted the largest one but used 95% Miracle Grow.

Well tonight I was online and they have more detailed instructions and Miracle grow says their potting soil is only for pots , not in the ground.

My ? is this: How critical is this? Should I dig up the plum and replant with just dirt from the ground or basic top soil?

I do thnk the Yoshino Flowering Cherry appears to be doing well. It's been in the ground less than 1 week and found the first flower tonight!

So what should I do about the plum? The other two smaller ones are in pots with MG.

Thanks,
Fletch

Comments (5)