SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rjinga

Checking in, been gone a while

rjinga
14 years ago

Hi GW, GH-er's...I have not been to the forum for a long time it seems and I see a whole bunch of new names (and a few "old" ones too. Wondering who's still around and what's going on in your GHhouses.

It would be great to see updated pictures of what you all have going on in there.

This was the first summer (in HOT GA) that I actually kept plants inside all summer. And they did really well. I had mostly succulents and one big fern and an orange tree. I still have the 70% aluminet on, left it on all summer. It was pretty much unmonitored (temp wise) and I left the doors open all the time. But it was never unbearable in there as I suspected it might be. I had fans on for a while and then cut them off for good.

Plants are thriving!! Had a short stint with aphids, but I used the mixture someone recommended (water, dish soap, and I think I used 409) had to spray a few different times but they went away!!

And now it's time to start winterizing, or at least come up with a plan and get stuff cleaned out and organized in there. It will be several more months before I'll have to worry too much about moving stuff back in again...but I'm a procrastinator so I need to start thinking on it now.

Well, I hope to hear from some of the "old timers" again. Hope you are all well.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Fine Designs & Interiors, Ltd.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Columbus Leading Interior Designer - Best of Houzz 2014-2022