SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
craftsman_man

Another Craftsman Tractor Won't Start Thread

Craftsman_man
10 years ago

I have read through the various threads and nothing seems to match my problem. I'm not exceptionally handy, so something obvious could easily be the solution and I would not know any better - just so you know who you're dealing with here!

I've had my LT3000 (B&S engine, 19.5 HP I think) since I bought it new in 2011. It's been in storage for about 18 months now. I changed the oil and ran it until the gas was empty before I put it in storage, but didn't do anything else to it. Only thing that has ever been changed on it is the oil. Everything else is factory original. I know, need to take better care of my toys.

I went to get it out this weekend and the battery was dead. Turn key and and nothing happened. So I went and got it charged overnight and load tested, told she was good as new.

Put battery back in and the engine gets turning, but it doesn't start. The motor is turning but not firing. Went back and got some starter spray. Fired the ether into the throat and when I turn the key now it sounds like it's running, but as soon as I stop spraying the engine cuts out.

What am I missing? I'd prefer to try other simple remidies before I need to pay someone to come do any serious work on it. Changing timing, etc. is over my head, so any suggestions about simple things I could try would be most appreciated.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
More Discussions