SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imstillatwork

Review my Greenhouse plans!

imstillatwork
15 years ago

Total neophyte here...I would like some review of my plans to make sure it that it can at least be a catastrophic success. Been reading a LOT here.

The structure is 9x12' wood frame with 34x76" tempered glass panes (my father in law has more sliding doors then is good for anyone - he's contractor). So that's 3 panels wide, 6 panels long, and glass roof. We just got the upright posts in the concrete today. I don't know the exact pitch of the roof, but it WILL be big enough to fit a 16" fan in the gable. Will have 4+ inches of 1/2 inch crushed on the floor. will have water and electric available.

I am thinking something like this for ventilation: http://www.greenhousemegastore.com/prodinfo.asp?number=FA-VPK (16inch fan, 18" inlet, thermostat) Seems to be a good package deal. Am I correct thinking that exhaust fan will be blowing out the gable, and the inlet will be down low on the opposing wall?

I live on the southern Oregon coast. Our summer days range from 55 to 103 degrees this summer, so it's crazy here and unpredictable. Lots and Lots of fog at night. Is there any thing really major or obvious that I need to keep in mind??

Growing veggies..

Thanks for your input! I wish I knew more so I could help out with others questions - sorry!

Comments (8)