SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rustyj14

Older model Troy-bilt tiller.

rustyj14
13 years ago

I dragged home a long dead Horse yesterday! Had been put out to pasture some years ago, and the owner said he couldn't get it to work any more!

He allowed that the mice had chewed up some of its sinews, and its heart has been dead for quite a spell.

To wit: The two small wires going under the flywheel housing are cut in two. Critter teeth are sharp! They go from the ignition switch to that wire housing by the flywheel, one i think might be from ground. The battery is not looking too good. I'll take it to my favorite parts store and see if they can get it back to usable condition. The engine is Tecumseh. Can anybody tell me, or show me, how those two small wires connect to the points/ignition switch/battery

About 6 years ago, i traded 2 nice walk-behind mowers for the tiller. (What the P.O. wanted.) The engine got a new con-rod, and tlc., and a new battery, new belts, and sold to the "now" owner. It has been ok, until the mouse problem. And of course, the oil has never been changed, and no evidence of any specific care, or cleaning. Got my work cut out for me.

Thanks in advance for any help on the ignition wiring problem! Rusty Jones

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH
More Discussions