SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
codysgrams

insulating a GH

codysgrams
14 years ago

I know this subject has probably come up a dozen or so times, but I have a problem I hope someone on here can help me with. Last year I insulated my GH with bubble wrap,and was real happy with it.Also put swimming pool cover over the outside and usedmetal strips to hold it in place, But only did the roofon the outside. It worked great this winter cut my heat bill in half. Also with what swimming pool cover we had left, we covered the inside front panel where the door is than cut a slit in it an added a stick on zipper. I also used the clamp on the door,(great idea from someone on here). Now for my big problem. From the heat this summer it has caused all my tape on the bubble wrap on the ceiling and upper sides to fail. I've tried double sided tape, gorilla tape, clear duct tape, packing tape, you name it and it has failed from the heat. My question is this, can I take all that hanging bubble wrap off the ceiling and put up another swimming pool layer on top of whats already there and leave it permantly year around? We would cut a hole in the north end to mount a fan, instead of using ceiling vents. I hope this makes sence to someone. Thank you in advance for your help.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio