SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
brer_gw

brick edge

brer
17 years ago

I've had a lot of bricks that I've placed at the edge of the garden. Every year I move them out another foot and enlarge the garden area.

Last year, I decided I had enough work with the space I have (whew!) and I decided the bricks needed to be placed permanently.

So....last fall I started digging, placing the bricks flat, side by side. They didn't really look great. It's very hard to get them perfect. So I stopped, leaving them looking messy all winter. Now that the soil is soft, I went out again. This time I decided to put them in on an angle with the pointy corner sticking up. But, after I'd done about 15 bricks, I could see that they were higher on one end than on the other, even though I thought the angles were straight, and I was putting the second brick exactly against the first brick at the halfway point.

What am I doing wrong? Is there some secret?

Or do I even want to do this? Should I just get one of those plastic things that makes an edge. Now I'm thinking that this ric-rac brick idea might just be a little tacky. Sigh!

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

OH, and I have a raspberry patch at the end of the back lot just a few feet from the edge of the flower garden. How do I edge that?

Thanks again?

Comments (4)