SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cselassie

Covered outdoor patio flooring - carpeting with brick edges/steps?

cselassie
last year

We are looking to replace our wall to wall outdoor covered patio carpet on our brick house. While I love the look of brick, tile, stone, wall to wall outdoor carpet is very practical, requiring only vacuuming. Using a hose or pressure washing near the many glass doors on the patio makes a mess and I don't want to clean all the windows, doors, and ceiling everytime I want to clean the floor, which is often here in Florida. Vacuuming is required first even if you wash with water, so just vacuuming carpet has been super easy.

I was thinking of perhaps using a high grade wall to wall olefin carpet, but add brick tile on the edges and steps to make it more stylish. Because there is a brick riser (?) coming out of the house at the door and there is currently carpet installed, I don't want to raise the floor too much or it will interfere with the riser and look weird. So I though maybe brick looking tile would work on the edges because they are thinner than actual brick or brick pavers.

There are also steps and landings as well as a step onto the pool deck that needs to be addressed in terms of where to put the brick accents. The landings and steps are different types, sizes and shapes. Do we put brick only on the edges where there are step downs, or should the steps be completely bricked?

I'd really appreciate some design advice and whether this brick tile/carpet combo will work and look good. Thank you in advance!

P.S. Difficulty loading more photos - the patio floor has one step down onto the pool deck all across the patio in an overall L shape.

Comments (3)