SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
putts_gw

Replacing Landlord with Deere or Kubota, Help!!

putts
15 years ago

I currently have a Simplicity Landlord 7112H which I use to plow snow and mow a 1 acre lawn. None of the lawn is level and there are lots of steep hills. I could use a little more power and the Landlord is leaking fluid out of every orifice(motor oil, gear oil, tranny fluid, gas, etc.). At first I thought that a Conquest would be the perfect replacement due to the locking rear diff. After doing some research I was very suprised to find that I could get an x500 for less money(current $500 rebate). The only advantage I could find to getting the conquest was the slightly sharper turning radius and the perceived higher quality mowing deck. I think the heavier tranny in the x500 gives it the edge with higher ground speeds and more durability.

I would like to get everyone elses opinion about how these 2 machines compare.

I am also considering the Kubota GR2100. I think the glide steer and 4wd would be a definate advantage. The problem is that I have not been able to find much information regarding the durability of this machine. I know some of the older models had transmission problems. I also question the durability of the 4wd and glide steer.

Any opinions on how the durability of the Kubota would be compared to the Deere or Simplicity would also be greatly appreciated.

Before anyone suggests a snowblower I want you to know that is not an option. I have a steep 200' long gravel driveway. In order to keep the snow from packing to ice I have to plow everytime we get more than 2" of snow. With the Landlord I can plow 4"-5" uphill without too much difficulty. In the steepest areas is does start to lose traction and power. I have tire chains, fluid in the tires and a 5-gallon bucket strapped to the back full of limestone and water for weight.

The local dealer quoted me $5050 plus tax for the x500 with 48" deck and fluid in the tires. Plow and chains would be additional $790 if purchased with tractor. But I have to decide by March 2nd when the rebate expires.

Any opinions, comments or criticism would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Putts

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor
More Discussions