SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprille_gw

No Good Deed ...

aprille
16 years ago

Goes unpunished! I'm just about in tears right now. At the moment we are fostering two Border Collie mix puppies. I put them out to play this morning and while having my tea noticed one had a tuber in her mouth - had to run off to the doctor's so did not have time to go check what she'd done. Put them in the crate and left.

Well got home and did a garden inspection. They'd dug up a bulb (can't remember what it was) that was in a large pot with my Yolande d'Aragon - thank god they did not hurt poor Yolande, but I have to go get more dirt to put on her as they exposed her roots and I could not recover enough dirt off the ground to cover them back up. More damage survey came up with several tags dug up from bands - then I notice this lonely rose branch on the ground - and an empty pot! my heart sank. Turns out the little devils had dug up my baby Clementina Carbonieri! I could not find any roots any where!! I'm so so mad! and there were the two pups - sitting on the grass watching me with those inquisitive eyes!! argh! I cut off a bit of the cane and stuck it back in the pot and watered it and moved it to a shady spot - anything else I should do to maybe help it root? Any advice is much appreciated. I don't know if I'll do this foster thing again though. Really can't take any more losses. My dog Bella being so much bigger and a known digging breed has not done as much damage to any of my pots - she knows better than to dig in mom's roses!

Aprille

(thanks for letting me vent)

Comments (7)